Monday, August 18, 2014

Raw Sunflower and Seaweed Pate.. Its whats for lunch

Today for lunch I made one of my old favorites and thought I would share. Fun fact about me is that for almost a year I was a totally raw vegan (about 60%-80% of my diet consisted of uncooked fruits and veggies). During that time I gave my blendtec a run for its money and came up with all sorts of healthy treats. 


Raw Sunflower Seaweed Pate
2 Cups soaked sunflower seeds (soak at least an hour)
1 Tablespoon dulse (dried seaweed)
1 clove garlic
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp apple cider vinegar  
1 tsp fresh thyme
1/2 tsp sea salt (I used hawaiian black salt)

Put all ingredients in high powered blender with a smidgen of water and blend until it resembles tuna salad.

I usually keep out one serving and refrigerate the rest in an airtight container before adding the toppings.

Toppings (optional)
Cherry tomatoes
Chopped onions
Celery
Parsley 

This is great on crackers or my usual choice of lettuce. 


No comments:

Post a Comment